Breaking blood vessels is a daily problem for many of us, if you are also struggling with this problem it is worth reading this post. This is not only an aesthetic problem but with time, if left untreated, also a health problem. Below you will learn what are the causes of burst blood vessels and what are the ways and remedies.
There are several answers to the question of blood vessel breaking. Blood vessels are breaking when you have dry and sensitive skin, have high blood pressureproblems, drink alcohol, or smoke cigarettes. Treatment can be vitamin C, creams for broken capillaries, or laser treatments.
Cracked blood vessels are an aesthetic problem, mainly on the face and legs. There are many causes of their formation, but genetic, hormonal, or environmental factors are most frequently mentioned. They can appear at any age, in women as well as in men, and skin with these tendencies requires appropriate care.
Why do blood vessels break?
As already mentioned, the main cause lies in our genes, in some people, the capillaries are more fragile, and the first “spider veins” appear. Here are some reasons why blood vessels break:
- Delicate, sensitive, and dry skin
- Frequent exposure to high temperatures
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight ic - wp_incontent_45 - incontent_45 -->
- Drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes End Ezoic - wp_incontent_46 - incontent_46 -->
- Use of steroid ointments
If you have sensitive skin and are prone to broken capillaries, you should avoid these situations. Sometimes, however, despite our best efforts, our skin is simply more sensitive and prone to unwanted “spider veins”. It is worth betting on proper care of such skin, special creams with horse chestnut extract or red clay are a good solution.
Home remedies for broken blood vessels on the face
A very large impact on the bursting of blood vessels on the face has our daily lifestyle, that is, how we eat, whether we play sports, and avoid stress. It is important to have a proper diet, rich in fresh fruit and vegetables, and avoid alcohol, strong coffee, spices, and energy drinks.
Particularly important with burst vessels are:
- vitamin K is found in broccoli, spinach, lettuce, avocado, liver, peach, soybean oil, and tranny
- Vitamin C from citrus fruits, currants, onions, parsley, peppers, and sauerkraut
Homemade face masks, which can have different compositions, also have a good effect on burst blood vessels.
Such a mask should be applied at least once a week and can be prepared from ingredients such as honey, green clay, linseed, cucumber, and rose oil. You can also wash your face with calendula and chamomile infusions.
What kind of skin do I have?
A beautiful, well-groomed, and radiant complexion is a dream for all of us. To effectively choose the right product for your skincare, including the vascular one, it is good to determine what type of skin you have. It is important to find the right balance between deep cleansing and moisturizing. Find out what your skin type is:
- dry skin, this type of skin is most often inherited or arises as a result of poor care or excessive dryness. It is more resistant to imperfections as it produces less sebum. If you have dry skin, make sure you moisturize, especially in winter, and choose appropriate products for this type of skin.
- normal skin, unfortunately, this skin type is practically absent in adults. Normal skin is perfectly moisturized, smooth, and free from impurities. It is most common in children before puberty and is best cared for with gentle cosmetics and UV filters.
- oily skin, a common problem is an overproduction of sebum, which causes skin problems such as blackheads and pimples. However, oily skin is well protected from harmful external factors such as wind or frost and slows down the aging process. Such skin needs deep cleansing and strong moisturizing.
- vascular skin, caused by fragile blood vessels, which burst to leave visible traces on the skin. The most vulnerable are people with light, thin and sensitive complexion, on which blood vessels are more visible. In addition to choosing the right cosmetics, you can also help your skin with a diet rich in vitamin C
- combination skin, a type that most often combines the characteristics of dry skin and oily skin in the T-zone. It is, therefore, best to use the right creams for the different areas of the skin. On the cheeks and temples it is worth betting on gentle cleansing and strong moisturizing, in the T-zone we can also afford stronger cleansing gels.
- Sensitive skin is one of the most demanding because of frequent irritations and allergic reactions. Strong scrubs, alcohol, essential oils, or fruit acids are not recommended. It is very important to protect the skin properly – in winter a cream that protects against frost and in summer a light emulsion with a high UV filter. You can also see what the statistics look like when it comes to the different causes of skin diseases…
Creams and treatments for broken blood vessels
The vascular skin needs special care, otherwise, it can turn into rosacea, which is characterized by persistent erythema on the face and the appearance of pimples. The cream for broken capillaries on the face should seal the capillaries under the skin, thus strengthening the blood vessels. It should contain vitamins K and C and:
- Aescin inhibits inflammation in veins and improves the elasticity of their walls. It is obtained exclusively from horse chestnut seeds, unfortunately, it is not present in food products.
- Ruscus extract shrinks blood vessels and reduces their visibility. It also strengthens their walls, increases their elasticity, and reduces skin redness.
- Arnica – extracted from Arica Montana flowers, reduces the permeability of blood vessels, shrinks them, and protects their walls. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
What about permanent damage to blood vessels?
Unfortunately, permanently damaged blood vessels cannot be removed by cosmetics, but new ones can be prevented. Effective treatment for broken blood vessels on the face is laser treatment, it is a safe and non-invasive method.
During the treatment, high-energy lasers are used, which cause overheating of the tissues. The skin with dilated vessels is irradiated with laser light which is absorbed by a chromophore – hemoglobin contained in a blood vessel.
As a result, the temperature is raised to about 70 degrees Celsius, which destroys the blood vessel.
Remember that for the safety of both the patient and the operator, protective goggles should be worn during the treatment to prevent the negative effects of laser light. Shortly after the treatment, the skin evens out its color and cracked blood vessels disappear.
We already know what characterizes vascular skin, and what influences its occurrence, and unfortunately, we are not always able to protect ourselves against it. It is often caused by genetic predisposition or fragile and breaking blood vessels.
It is worth knowing what skin type we have to choose the right care. In the case of broken capillaries, it is worth using appropriate creams, laser treatments are also effective. In another post, you can also read about the problem of burst veins on the legs. A diet rich in vitamin C is also helpful with burst blood vessels, so bet on fresh fruit and vegetables.
How can I prevent blood vessel breaking?
Blood vessel breaking can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and avoiding injury. A healthy lifestyle includes eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and managing stress levels.
What are the symptoms of blood vessel breaking?
There are a few symptoms that may point to a blood vessel breaking. If you experience any of the following, it is best to seek medical attention immediately: Sudden and severe headache, Nausea and vomiting, Loss of consciousness, Neck or back pain
Are breaking blood vessels dangerous?
We often see broken blood vessels on our skin, but are they anything to worry about? While they may look alarming, broken blood vessels are usually harmless and don’t pose any health risks.
- Top 5 Best teas for losing weight – On Amazon - January 16, 2023
- Should my boyfriend get me a mothers day gift? - October 13, 2022
- Should My Boyfriend Help Me Financially? - October 10, 2022