There are a lot of ways to deal with stress but most of them are bad for your health, unfortunately so you should avoid them. Most of us prefer those ways because they’re quick and easy, but in this article, we will try to show you healthy ways to deal with stress.
We did our research on the internet but also invited famous psychologist, Dr. Karen Perkins to make our information more reliable. After a few hours and many topics we came to many conclusions about healthy ways to deal with stress, and we will share all of them with you, so stay with us.
But first, we’ll give you a few examples of healthy ways to deal with stress:
- Realize your issue in a comfy way – You should face that issue, by yourself in your bed or on a coach. Try to relax and think of every advantage and disadvantage of that problem, even if it won’t disappear it will make your stress a bit smaller for sure.
- Sports – Sports are a great way to get rid of daily stress, you will focus on your activity rather than things that are in your mind to make your day worse. It will also give you an athletic figure!
- Call a friend – Your friends or even closer people will gladly help you, even if you don’t want to talk about that problem with them, just try to talk about everything else.
- Social media – We don’t know how powerful they are… just log into TikTok, and after a few silly videos, your stress will be gone. There are tons of social media out there, you can also try meme pages.
- Take a walk – It’s a great way to spend time with yourself. Your problems will slowly come to your mind, but you will take them only partially, so they will be easy to handle.
As Dr. Karen Perkins says: “People are likely to take a cigarette or drink a beer if they are in stress because they’re addicted to it, that’s how they have been dealing with it for many years, that’s why it’s hard to change it in few days. First, we should recognize our problem, what is the thing that helps us with stress? Is this healthy? Are we Addicted to it?”. If that thing is not healthy, and we are addicted to it, it’s gonna be the hardest scenario, but we’re covering that case as well, don’t lose hope!
You should start with small things, like “try to keep in mind that you have a problem with unhealthy ways to deal with stress” If you manage to realize in your mind that you have a problem, you will be halfway to getting rid of your problem!
If your addiction is hard to deal with for you, try to contact a specialist that will get into your problem more, but we highly recommend you do that by yourself at first. Maybe your issue is simple but you need some sort of motivation, in that case, you can try:
- Do it for your family – It will make your relationships way better, try to ask them for help.
- Do it for your health – You should know that everything you do now for your health is going to give you results later on, like a few more years to live!
- Do it for money – Yes, we know… but think about it. How much money do you lose to keep that addiction going?
Remember that the most important thing is what you have in mind, even if today you will get information about healthy ways to deal with stress, it won’t matter if you won’t use it during that stressful time. As Dr. Karen Perkins says: “If you will accept that you have a problem it will make things easier”.