Almost every one of us at least once got into a fight, so it’s nothing to be ashamed about. After that you’re curious how to get rid of that black area around your eye or how long does it take for a black eye to heal? We’re going to cover every aspect related to that “black eye” topic, so stick with us if you want to know how to get rid of it faster, or how to cover that with some makeup.
So how long does it take for a black eye to heal? It depends on many factors like your age or how bad is that bruise but in most cases, it will disappearafter 2 weeks, of course, you can speed up that process, and that’s why we’re here, to heal it with it and teach you something new.
Can I get rid of a black eye in one day?
It depends on your shiner, if it’s only a small bruise then it’s a low chance to become invisible tomorrow. A small bruise will heal faster, but it also will depend on, for example, your age – With getting older your skin will be thinner and your blood vessels become weaker. Also if you have got any:
- Any liver disease
- Blood clotting disorders
- Nutrient deficiencies ncontent_45 - incontent_45 -->
Those above can drastically slower the black eye healing process. If you don’t have any of the above, you’re still relatively young and also in good physical condition, then you have a small chance to get rid of it tomorrow.
You can also increase that chance of doing things from that we are going to recommend you later in this article.
Black eye stages
Your eye will change its appearance in every stage, and it’s good to know what will happen during that process. Here are stages for the black eye:
- Blood with oxygen will flow into the spot of that injury, creating a bump that may appear purple or red at first.
- Your body begins to break down a component of the blood called hemoglobin, which has oxygen in it. As the pooled blood loses oxygen, the bruise may turn purple or blue due to the production of the compounds biliverdin and bilirubin.
- The body continues to break down the pooled blood. After 5 or more days, the bruise may turn green or yellow if you are a person with lighter skin.
- Between 10 and 14 days later, the swelling may be a little darker than your skin, or totally invisible.
That’s the process you’re going through, don’t be worried if the days are not accurate in your case, everyone is different and the numbers above arethe average from thousands of different people.
Should I put a raw steak on my black eye?
You’ve seen it in the movies or cartoons, but there’s no real evidence that putting raw steak on a shiner helps it heal any faster, it’s just fiction. Putting raw meat on any contusion or open wound isn’t going to help you, but it will increase the chances of infections from that steak, so no it’s just fiction.
Can it be dangerous?
We won’t judge your actions because you had your own reasons, but most men do regret brawling the next day. You should check yourself in order to prevent any future problems with that shiner:
- Look for any blood – If you can see any blood inside your eye, you should consult this immediately with your doctor.
- Any vision problems – If have any problems with your vision like blurring, double vision, hard to focus, or any bleeding from the dark spots around your eye, then you should seek medical care immediately.
How to take care of the black eye and make the healing process faster?
If you do those things it will decrease any chances for to make that process longer than 2 weeks that’s why it’s important to do that. Let’s start with a simple cold compress – using gentle pressure, place a cold pack or a cloth filled with ice, or even an ice cube to that spot near your eye. Don’t press that on the eye itself, that will make things worse than it is. You should apply it as soon as you can after the shiner appeared to reduce any swelling, which will make the healing process faster, repeat several times a day for 3 days straight.
After applying cold it’s time to apply something warm, like a warm-hot compress. After those 3 days of cold compress, the swelling should be stabilized wait for at least 2 days then you can start with a warm compress, repeat several times a day for at least 2 days straight.
If you don’t have any from the above you can look for a plastic hermetic bag and fill that up with cold, and later with hot water. That should do the work, be sure to hold that for at least 10 minutes near your eye, then take a break.
Also, the gentle massage once the swelling has decreased. It will support healing by increasing blood flow around your eye.
Comfrey is a shrub that it’s conventionally used to treat injuries like sprains, bruises, and strains. You can buy it in some drug store as a cream for a black eye. The arnica is the second plant many claimed that’s good for a shiner, you can buy it as a gel, but for both plants, there isn’t sufficient research that can show how good they are in medicine.
Remember that basics methods should be your best option to speed up that process, those methods are:
- Simple rest – Stay in your bed, or home and don’t force yourself to do any physical activities
- Avoid too much pressure on that area – That can reduce the blood flow, especially if you’re using a warm or ice compress, so be gentle.
- Stay positive! – Placebo is our best medicine, if you can think positively then it will help you for sure! Don’t thing about what happend, and while you sit in home do something productive!
- Be active after swelling is gone – For the next time if you’re body will be in a top shape you will shorten the time of healing, because your body will maintain better blood flow inside you, so for example you can try to jog sometime.
In conclusion, how long does it take for a black eye to heal?
It will take about 2 weeks to fully heal, or if you can see that the bruise is small then it can disappear even in 24 hours. There are some ways to decrease that time but you should focus on not extending this time. Try to avoid any fights, and for that, you can replace that time with jogging for example.
- Top 5 Best teas for losing weight – On Amazon - January 16, 2023
- Should my boyfriend get me a mothers day gift? - October 13, 2022
- Should My Boyfriend Help Me Financially? - October 10, 2022