Taking a quick nap can be very difficult, especially because of the process of falling asleep. Let’s say you want to take a nap for an hour, but it’s been already 30 minutes on your couch or bed and you still didn’t fall asleep, so your overall “quick nap” process has grown to about 150%, of what you have planned before. Maybe you should aim for shorter naps like 10 to 20 minutes? but how to take a quick nap?
So if you want to take a quick nap, then there are certain things to help you with this like:
- Lower the temperature of the room you will be sleeping in – Many studies have shown us that it is easier to fall asleep when you feel cold and sleep under a blanket rather than sleeping in a warm room, so try to open that window before you go to take a nap.
- Get into the rhythm – If you fall asleep today at 6 p.m. then tomorrow you will feel sleepy at the same time, and after a few days you can make it a routine and your body will fall asleep automatically.
- Work out before taking a nap – If you will feel tired then your body will get into relaxed mode, which can help you fall asleep faster. Remember that your body won’t let you sleep right after an exercise, so if you do the jogging then you will have to calm down for about 30 minutes and then your body will start to feel sleepy.
- Avoid thinking about the important stuff – Important things will make your mind distracted from sleeping, so try to calm your mind, listening to relaxing music will help you clear your mind.
- Find a comfortable place – It’s easier to fall asleep at your usual place, rather than laying on a couch, so get that blanket and cozy pillow. Even grab a plush toy in your hands because cuddling makes you fall asleep faster.
- Turn off any light source and electronics – It’s going to make you mad when you’re laying in your bed for 10 minutes and then your phone starts to ring a Facebook message, that’s going to ruin your plans, because if you’re going to leave that message that will make your mind think about it, and if you’re going to read the message then you will have to start everything from the start. Also, a light source can distract your eyes, and that won’t let you clear your mind that easily so turn it off.
- Avoid drinking coffee at least 2 hours before – Coffee has a lot of caffeine in it, and that will make you feel more energized so you won’t fall asleep that easily.
- Try some sleep-enhancing supplements – There are a lot of supplements that won’t hurt your stomach but will make you feel sleepy and most of them have things like: Melatonin, Gamma-aminobutyric acid, L-theanine, Magnesium, 5-HTP, and those things that can make you fall asleep faster, you can find many types of it on popular sites like amazon.
How long should be a nap?
Naps are a good way to restore your daily energy in the middle of the workday because if you sleep for about 30 minutes that should be enough for your body will give your body enough time to enter deep sleep and restore your body energy. However napping for too long or waking up in the middle of deep sleep can leave you feeling groggy, which can be for about an hour-long nap.
In summary – How to take a quick nap?
The above are things that will help you with quick naps, so check them out if you struggle to take fall asleep, also make sure to read our new article where we asked people “What do you do before going to sleep” we’ve put them some tips for getting good and healthy sleep.