Have you ever wondered if spicy food is healthy for our bodies? Is it worth introducing hot spices or vegetables into your diet? As you know, the healthiest diet is a varied one, where we have all the ingredients that are important to us.
In this article, we will bring you closer to the topic, in which we will answer whether is spicy food healthy. Spicy food is, among other things, spices and vegetables, it turns out that they have a positive impact on our hearts, reduce the risk of strokes, and help fight cancer.
Effects of spicy food on our body
When it comes to spicy food, it is a matter of taste, some people love it, while others hate it. Mexican and Asian cuisine is dominated by hot spices, which sometimes give the food a very unusual taste.
Each cuisine will find its lovers, but what effect do spicy dishes have on our bodies, and is it worth eating something spicy from time to time? Spicy foods will also help with a cold, especially if they contain chili. Hot peppers contain vitamins A and C, so they support the immune system.
Why eat spicy food?
Is spicy food healthy? We can answer with a clear conscience that it has a positive effect on many things in our bodies. Among the most important are:
- supporting heart function, very many people have a problem with so-called bad cholesterol or LDL. Spicy food can be helpful here, it contributes to lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke. This is due to the substance capsaicin, which helps with inflammation leading to heart disease.
- Weight loss, after eating spicy food our metabolism speeds up which makes us burn more calories. In addition, even dietetic food with few ingredients when well seasoned will certainly taste better
- fighting against cancer, the already mentioned substance Capsaicin is an alkaloid and in medicine, it is used to treat muscles and joints due to its warming properties. The substance which causes the hot taste can destroy certain cancer cells
- the vitamins A and C contained in hot spices strengthen the walls of the heart muscle, and the heat generated after eating spicy food improves circulation. i>
For a better mood, capsaicin also contributes to the production of hormones responsible for our mood. Spicy food strengthens the secretion of serotonin which helps to fight stress and depression. So is spicy food healthy? Everything points to the fact that it is.
What’s worth eating of the spicy stuff?
Garlic, ginger, turmeric, chili peppers, horseradish, and cayenne pepper – are just some of the hot spices that are healthy. Eating them has positive effects on our health.
Capsaicin contained in chili is an excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Studies have shown that it speeds up metabolism and helps lower blood glucose and cholesterol levels. The aforementioned garlic, in turn, is called a natural antibiotic. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, fights infections, and is also rich in vitamins and mineral
Asian cuisine, with its many intense spices, is becoming increasingly popular around the world. They are not only a feast for gourmets, but also have health and mood-enhancing effects.
These are the reasons why spicy food is healthy. Among the most famous Asian cuisines are Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, and Korean.
Examples of Asian kitchens rich in spicy foods:
- Chinese kitchen, predominantly rice, intense spices, soy sauce, and seafood. This cuisine is known for its skillful combination of 5 flavors – sweet, sour, hot, salty, and bitter. In China, food is a philosophy. The Chinese claim that the mind and life force can be at homeostasis through the stomach.
*The kitchen of northern China is flour-based. It is dominated by noodles, dumplings, and steamed bread. Beef, pork, and mutton are most commonly eaten, as well as the famous glazed Chinese duck.
- Japanese kitchen is known especially for its extensive use of fish (also raw), seafood, and seaweed. A tasty and healthy Japanese diet mainly includes sushi, sake, soy sauce, tofu, miso, and wasabi (one of the world’s hottest spices, also known as Japanese horseradish). Green wasabi, seaweed, tuna flaps, or the meat of the poisonous fugu fish are the basis for making elaborate and colorful pieces of sushi. Traditional dashi soups are fish broths made from dried fish, especially bonito fish.
- Thai kitchen is famous mainly for its salads with an unusual combination of flavors. The taste of dishes is seasoned not only with lemon but also with tamarind. Specialties of Thai cuisine: rice in all forms, including rice soup and rice noodles, seafood, bamboo shoots, sweet and spicy chili sauce, and curry pastes.
- Vietnamese foods, specialties include fish sauce, pho (a kind of broth with rice noodles and various additions), and shrimp in rice cakes. Lemongrass and lemon leaves are also among the favorite ingredients of the dishes. Pho is a dish of noodles and meat, which is somewhat like a soup, usually garnished with coriander and mint. Ingredients of Vietnamese dishes, in traditional cuisine, include butter, milk, cream, tomatoes, grape wine, coffee, potatoes, and asparagus.
As you can see, the choice is huge, also lovers of oriental and spicy spices will find something for themselves. So a diet in hot spices is tasty as well as healthy, you can read about other interesting diets in the given post.
Spicy food – when can it harm?
Like any other ingredient, hot spices should not be used in excess as they can have negative effects.
Spicy food is not recommended for people with sensitive stomachs, problems with the digestive system, and those suffering from gastric reflux.
Too much chili or pepper can increase such ailments as heartburn or flatulence, and cause abdominal pain or shortness of breath. Everyone is different and not everyone can tolerate spicy foods. If spicy food is not good for your well-being or health, give it up.
In summary – is spicy food healthy?
So we already know that spicy foods can have a positive effect on our bodies. The ingredients contained in hot spices are mainly vitamins C and A, which have a positive effect on the heart and circulatory system and help the body fight cancer.
If you want to lose weight, it is also a good idea to include some hot spices in your diet, which speed up your metabolism. Of course, not everyone is a fan of spicy food, which can often cause digestive problems or even allergies. It is best to pay attention to how our body reacts, as many products and spices can be allergenic and cause allergies.
How much spicy food should I eat per day?
Lead author Lu Qi said in an interview with Time magazine that “a reasonable amount would be one to two servings per day.” That means about 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of dried chili peppers or 2 to 4 fresh chili peppers.
Is eating spicy food every day healthy?
Yes, eating spicy food every day can be healthy. Spicy foods contain capsaicin, which has been shown to boost metabolism and help burn calories. Capsaicin is also an anti-inflammatory compound that can help improve heart health.
Eating spicy food every day can also help clear congestion and sinuses. The capsaicin in peppers acts as a natural decongestant, helping to break down mucus and clear the airways.
Finally, capsaicin is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause cell damage and lead to chronic diseases like cancer.
Do people have stomach aches after spicy food?
When it comes to consuming spicy food, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. How much spice you can handle depends on a variety of factors, including your age, health, and tolerance level.
If you’re new to eating spicy food, start with a small amount and gradually increase the amount you consume over time. A good rule of thumb is to eat no more than 1/8 teaspoon of dried chili pepper flakes or 1 tablespoon of fresh diced chili peppers per day.
If you’re healthy and enjoy eating spicy food, there’s no need to limit yourself. In fact, some research suggests that consuming spicy foods may offer health benefits, such as reducing inflammation and helping to fight cancer.
- Top 5 Best teas for losing weight – On Amazon - January 16, 2023
- Should my boyfriend get me a mothers day gift? - October 13, 2022
- Should My Boyfriend Help Me Financially? - October 10, 2022