Have you ever wanted something that is out of your monetary reach, so who you could ask for help? Of course, someone close to you, like for example your boyfriend, but is it appropriate? Is it ok to ask him that? How should I ask him for money? Is asking boyfriend for money even appropriate? Those and many other questions we will cover in this article, so stay with us if you want to get more confident in this topic or if you have any doubts.
Your boyfriend is someone who is one of the closest people to you so if you both trust each other enough then asking him won’t be hard and for sure he will give you money if he can afford that, so don’t worry he shouldn’t be rude to you. Of course, if you live in a good relationship, but what if the things between you aren’t that bright. If you don’t want to offend him or make your relationship worse then let us help you with a few simple tips.
Is it ok to ask my boyfriend for money?
It depends on how good your current relationship is, like for example:
- How long have you been together? – If you are together for only a few months it can be odd to ask him for money because at this stage of the relationship you are “trying” if you’re a good match for each other.
- What happened between you in the past? – Maybe you’re only have been together for a short time but, the bond between you is strong enough.
- Have one of you asked for money in the past? – Did you or he asked for money in the past? That means that it will be the second time so try to remember how it was before? Was it ok to ask for money back then? Was it successful?
- How are you managing money in your relationship? – Do you have a shared bank account or only one of you is currently working? That can give us an overall perspective on money management between you.
- Who’s paying more for everything? – Who’s paying for stuff on dates? Do you share the general costs? Who’s paying for home rent and taxes? If it’s you then you can feel confident and ask him for money.
- Does my boyfriend even have money? – Even if you know that he works, but it doesn’t mean that he has money.
- How much money do you need? – If it’s something small and you currently can’t afford it then he shouldn’t make a big deal of it.
- What do you need this money for? – Maybe it’s something that can give you benefits or something important that’s reasonable, but if it’s something bad like asking for money for your whims then it can be hard.
The last question is great to explain to him that something you want is really important, so think about it for a moment and ask yourself “is that thing even important to me?” If it really is then show your boyfriend how much it is important to you.
Before asking him you should ask yourself those questions from above, that will tell you if it is right for you to even ask that and it will tell you if he can feel offended by that question. After those questions, you will feel more confident to ask him for money, also it will help you sort it out in your head so you can show him your perspective on that problem.
How should I ask my boyfriend for money?
When you know it is ok for you to ask him for money, then you should think on way how can you do this without provoking any quarrels. Avoid any arguing and remember that you are the person who wants something, so you can’t be mad at him for not giving you money.
You are the one in need and you’re going to start that hard conversation so you can’t be angry at him, that will only make things worse, unless you both know about something huge like that he borrowed money from you before or something similar.
At first, you should ask him the question “Can you please lend me some money?” And don’t stop there because you have to tell him more, like “I need to buy something really important for me” and tell him what exactly it is and why do you need it so much that you want to ask him for money.
That will start a conversation and he maybe will ask something more with curiosity, is he do so, then answer politely. You can add something like why you can buy it on your own, in general, show him your point of view.
Asking boyfriend for money can be very difficult not only for you but it will be hard for your whole relationship, don’t force anything, but if you did everything correctly then even if he won’t give you money then he should be mad at you.
Will my boyfriend be mad even if he won’t let me money?
If you showed him your perspective in a polite way, and your points were logical and you want to spend it for a good cause, then he shouldn’t be mad at you. That is the only logical way to do this, that can even strengthen your bond because every hard question is another problem to overcome in relationships so it’s good for your future.
If he’s mad at you and after all, he thinks that “asking boyfriend for money” isn’t ok, then try to fix it. Maybe some good activities together will let you both forget about what happened. Overall it wasn’t anything that should have a huge impact on your bond.
In summary – Asking boyfriend for money?
Somewhere in the future, it must have happened, every couple had this issue at some point, and sometimes even the boyfriend asks her girlfriend for money. Try to follow our instructions to make yourself feel confident before all of that, and even if you fail then remember that hard questions will make your bond stronger in the future!
- How Many Likes Does The Average Person Get On Tinder? - September 30, 2022
- How Many Upvotes Does The Average Person Get On Reddit? - September 30, 2022
- How Many Upvotes Does The Average Person Get On Quora? - September 30, 2022