Social media like Instagram or Facebook have been around us for many years. To be precise Instagram was first launched on the 6th of October 2010 so it’s been 12 years since we could have registered on that platform. Many people studied algorithms to answer one simple question “How long does it take to grow a successful Instagram account?” We will also give you some tips to grow it faster.
Unfortunately for many of us, it is going to be a hard and long journey to grow a successful Instagram account. We are all limited by Instagram’s algorithm, and without the right knowledge, it can take many years to grow a big Instagram profile. On average people claim that they have grown a successful Instagram account within 2 years period of time, and that’s the average value, but what does it mean “Successful Instagram Account?” Your definition can be different from ours so let’s find out!
Is my Instagram account successful?
People tend to have their own definition of success that is why it is very hard to make something that will be in the middle. From our research on Quora or Reddit, we have found out that people most often are calling themselves successful if their accounts are generating some money.
And here is the main issue, what amount of money can make your Instagram profile successful? That depends on your need because at the start of our Instagram career we should as ourselves what we want to accomplish? Do we want to live of our Instagram career, or just a 100 USD per month would be a huge success for us?
If you didn’t think about it before then now it’s the right time to ask yourself those questions:
- Is my Instagram account going in the right direction?
- Am I getting good money from Instagram right now?
- What my desired income from Instagram should be?
- How Am I likely to increase my Instagram income?
You should be honest with yourself and answer those questions above, and based on that you can make up a number that would be satisfying for you to get in the short term like 12 months.
Would you be happy if you could make another 100 USD monthly after 6 months? Or only doubling your current Instagram income in 3 months would satisfy you?
Some goals can be irrational but if that is the only way for you to think of it as a success that means that we have found your definition of success.
How Long Does It Take To Grow A Successful Instagram Account?
Many influencers have worked for their reputation and success for many years, that is why your goal should be on a lot lower level than your favorite influencers. Try to think about what you want to accomplish in the next 3 months. How many photos or videos are you willing to publish?
Monitor your statistics to be sure if the path that you have picked is the right one for your career. If you are willing to put a lot of effort into the content creation and also that content will be on a high level then you could even grow a successful Instagram account in less than 6 months, but the data from many Reddit and quora posts states that the average expected time until you will reach success on the Instagram is about 2 years.
How can I monetize my Instagram account?
There are hundreds of ways to monetize your Instagram account because as an influencer you can monetize the traffic, that you get on your content, the possibilities are limitless but we will tell you the most obvious methods to monetize your Instagram account.
The most common methods to monetize Instagram account:
- Product placement – There are a lot of companies that want to promote their products like Sephora, most of them will try to text you via direct message on Instagram, but it won’t hurt if you try to ask them yourself if they are willing to sponsor your content for product placement. There is a lot of people focused on dropshipping in 2022 and those people are likely to pay you for promoting their products.
- Sponsored posts – Products are not the only things that can be put into your content. Some people will pay you to talk about something positively, or to promote another person’s account.
- Affiliate Marketing – Bigger companies are willing to pay people for every sold product from their catalog. Many beauty companies are creating affiliate programs for influencers to make it easier for them to make some money. The rule is simple you register to their affiliate program, and they pay you for a specific percent of a product you have successfully sold (It’s often around 5% commission from that product’s price), they won’t tell you how you should promote it. It’s all up to you to sell those products.
- Selling your own products – We mentioned the word “Dropshipping” before, but this time you can try to sell your own things by doing that. It’s hard to have your own line of cosmetics, but dropshipping can make it happen. Also, products can be digital like audiobooks.
- Selling your knowledge – If you are sure about a certain topic then you can try to monetize that knowledge by creating your own digital course. Promoting that to your audience will generate you some money, but it takes a lot of time to create something that is not boring, that someone will gladly read or watch.
Many of the methods that we have described above require someone or some company to contact you. Instagram has its own direct messages system, but companies are trying to contact you via your business email. That’s why you should put your business email in your Instagram account description.
In Summary – How long does it take to grow a successful Instagram account?
It’s always good to dream big, but if you want to make your dreams into a reality then you need to put a lot of effort into your dreams. Those next 2 years will be very hard because creating that amount of content will take a lot of your free time, so ask yourself if you are persistent enough to do that continuously for the next 2 years.
Maybe Instagram is not your best option because it limits you to photos or short videos, and maybe you would feel better doing something different that makes more money and is easier? If you want to try something that can be new to you then check out our new article about “How Much Do Small Twitch Streamers Make? – (It Is Worth It!)”