Anyone who loves coffee and drinks it every day is bound to ask themselves how many shots of espresso is too much?
How much coffee can I drink per day? How many teaspoons and cups of coffee will not harm the body? As we all know, everything in excess can be harmful. How is this the case with coffee? Caffeine has a positive effect on our body, but we must be careful with its amount.
So how many shots of espresso is too much? An adult, healthy person can drink a maximum of 5 cups of espresso – so stated the food safety experts in their report. Some of the more popular types of coffee include Espresso, Cappuccino, Macchiato, Lungo, Latte Macchiato, Cafe Latte, Mocha, and Romano.
What we love coffee for
For many of us, coffee is an integral part of our daily lives – we reach for it as soon as we wake up, and after a long day at work, we relax with a cup of hot, dark beverage. Coffee outings with friends, coffee experiments, an irreplaceable source of energy – what else do we love coffee for?
- Its unusual taste, its flavor is specific, some people love it, others hate it. The truth is that it can also affect everyone differently, some people find it stimulating, while others simply enjoy it. Coffee is an excellent source of caffeine and has an extremely positive effect on our bodies. Coffee is an excellent source of caffeine, which has an extremely positive effect on our bodies. Not only does it quickly eliminate mental and physical tiredness, but also increases concentration and improves memory.
- In many varieties and types, coffee can differ in the way it is prepared, its taste, or its additives. It can be served hot or even with ice cream. In shops as well as coffee roasters, we can choose really many types of coffee and accessories for drinking it.
- It is also a great way to relax: when getting up in the morning, during a break at work, or after a long day of intensive work, coffee lovers reach for this invigorating beverage. It’s also a great reason to meet up with friends for gossip over coffee or to go out on the town.
As we can see, there are many advantages of drinking coffee, you can experiment with it and prepare it in various ways, and the time for coffee is also the time for a break and relaxation.
However, you always have to be careful and take into account how many shots of espresso is too much. Here you can also read about unusual drinks, such as the popularbubble tea – also coffee-flavored.
Positive effects of coffee
Apart from its taste, coffee has a positive effect on our body, and drinking the right amount even prevents various diseases. Drinking 3-4 a day reduces the risk of heart disease by 11-13%, it also helps with diabetes and improves concentration. Here are some health reasons why you should drink coffee:
- Improves physical fitness, coffee has a positive effect on our physical fitness and performance. The caffeine it contains has a stimulating and even anesthetic effect, making us feel less tired
- Supports the cardiovascular system, and temporarily increases blood pressure, but this does not cause hypertension; on the contrary, caffeine is recommended for circulatory problems and can reduce the risk of stroke
- Increases our concentration, caffeine contained in coffee has a stimulating effect. However, it is worth remembering that too much caffeine can disturb sleep or cause nausea. It turns out that as little as 75 mg of caffeine (1 cup) makes our alertness noticeably increase.
- Is low in calories, with an energy value of just 1-2 kcal per 100 ml. However, it is worth remembering that only black coffee is low in calories. If we add milk, sugar, or cream to it, or eat something sweet, its calorie value increases.
As for the safe amount of coffee to drink, it is 5 cups, in pregnant women, it should be half as much. Everyone’s body is different, some people drink one coffee a day and this is sufficient for them, while others drink several. The lethal dose of caffeine is 10,000 mg.
In Summary – How many shots of espresso is too much?
If you’re one of those coffee lovers, then the news about its positive effects on the body will please you. Its unusual taste also has a relaxing effect on our mind and a stimulating effect on the body.
However, as with everything we eat or do, we should be sensible and not exceed the recommended dose of 5 coffees a day. How many shots of espresso is too much also depends on our body, some people only need one, and others feel unwell after two. Here are some statistics on the popularity of coffee in the world.