The time has finally come and you asked your boyfriend about going out with your friends but he won’t let you go to parties, and if that’s true in your case then be aware that this is a very common problem. You finally want to have some fun with your true friends that you have known for many years now, but what if you have a big problem and that is “Why my boyfriend won’t let me go to parties?”.
Your boyfriend is the only person in the entire world that you should respect and listen to what he says, but what if you totally disagree with him, and the topic you’re arguing about is something very special to you like meetings with friends at parties? There are many reasons why your boyfriend won’t let you go to parties, some of them can seem to you stupid, but from his perspective, they can be reasonable:
- If you go want to go to parties they are often crowded, and there will be a lot of men looking at you, and some of them can even approach you.
- He doesn’t know your friends and can be worried that they will force you to do something stupid.
- Maybe he doesn’t trust your friends.
- Sometimes the reason can be smaller than you think like financial issues, or he wants to go with you together.
We will tell you how you can check what is the reason for your case, and the ways for you to explain to him why it’s so important for you or why he simply cannot forbid you from doing that.
Is my boyfriend envious of me?
One of the reasons why he doesn’t want to let you go to parties is that he may be simple envy. Your boyfriend can think about other guys that will be around youat the moment while having fun with friends, and even he can think what if they will try “asking you” or even worse “hitting on you” and that is also related to your friends and people who simply will be there walking by. In his mind that is really hard to accept.
In the worst-case scenario, he can think about all those muscular men that are there to flex their muscles and show you how better they are than he istrong>. The women tend to like muscular men according to our last street interview, make sure to check it out.
Being envious is normal in human nature especially when it comes to the thing or people that we love, so envy is not always a bad thing, maybe he just cares about you and he doesn’t want to lose you. It’s important to not get angry at him because that can lead to a quarrel and he can forbid you from going out with friends simply due to his love for you, which will have a negative impact on your relationship. He should not force his forbids on you but it can happen if the conversation will go in the wrong direction.
That’s why you should ask yourself “Are you sure that you’re not going to look around for some guys while having fun with friends at the party?”. If you are sure about that then try to show it to him, and if you make him believe you then he should let you go out with friends. But how can you convince him? Let’s find out!
How can I convince him to let me go to parties?
At first, you should convince him that you are going to party simply to be with your friends and have fun, rather than looking at other guys out there. Make yourself 100% sure what you want to say, because otherwise it can be really bad for your relationship, and if you believe in yourself then you are halfway to success.
Now it’s time to think about ways that you can convince him and change his mind:
- Tell him that you won’t wear revealing outfits – If you want to buy an outfit that will reveal too much of your body that will make your boyfriend less convinced. That is a way to attract other men to look at you. We know that you want to show how attractive you are, but that will make your relationship weaker. So wear something more casual, that won’t attract other guys and show that to your boyfriend to make him more convinced. A normal long t-shirt with jeans should be perfect. Tell him that you won’t wear any revealing outfit, and that should make him less worried.
- Ask him to go come with you – Maybe he will come a few times and stop at some point if he won’t like your friends, but you will have an opportunity to show him what your parties with friends look like. That you won’t look around for a new man. Even if you know that he won’t come with you that should show him that you are sure about your goals.
- Tell him how important that is for you – For now, he just knows that you want to go to parties and that there are other men, but if you can prove to him that your motives are pure. For example, if you go out with a few mutual friends and there won’t be any other men then that should be enough to convince him. Sometimes simple talk can change everything so try as many times as needed and convince him that you know what you are doing, but avoid arguing at any cost.
- Tell him that you won’t drink and do anything stupid at that time – Sometimes your boyfriend can be worried that your friends are not good for you, for example, he can simply not trust them, that’s why it is important to let him know your friends a bit more. Try to tell him a thing or two about your best friends.
Who knows maybe he also would like to go to parties but he doesn’t know it yet and after a few weeks he will highly appreciate your friends and partying with them. It’s good to have mutual friends and that can be a great chance for it to happen.
In conclusion – Why my boyfriend won’t let me go to parties?
There are many reasons why your boyfriend won’t let you go to parties but the most important one is envy, so try to use some of our advice and convince him that your motives are pure and you will be focused on your true friends and not the others. Remember that you are a couple so you have to trust each other, and trust is the most important factor in every relationship, so simple conversation is the best way to convince him.