Have you ever wondered what our world would be like without our pets such as cats, dogs, and others? Exactly, and I think it would be impossible, and indeed our daily lives would be very bleak. Every furry animal lover has to deal with the problem of fur, which is everywhere. Let’s remember that this is not only an aesthetic problem, but hair can also affect allergy sufferers.
So how to remove cat hair? The best way is, of course, mechanical cleaning using, for example, a clothes roller or vacuuming with a special hoover. Thereare many other methods that I would like to introduce here. Every owner knows what the problem is, when our pet’s fur is everywhere in the food, on clothes, on furniture, and in coffee.
My dear furry friend – your pet
Maybe I’ll start with why I’m also interested in this topic. Since I was a child, there have always been animals in my family home, both cats, dogs, and smaller furry ones such as guinea pigs.
It is known that the bigger the animal, the bigger the problem with its fur. We currently have a one-year-old ragdoll, this is one of the larger cat breeds, it has wonderful and soft fur. Unfortunately, he doesn’t like to be combed very much, and anyway I try to do it at least once a day to minimize leaving fur on any surfaces.
By the way, if there are any cat lovers here who are thinking about choosing a cat breed, then I can recommend a ragdoll with a clear conscience. It’s a great family cat, very friendly a bit of a dog character, our enjoys walks, and travels.
I invite you to my other post, where I devoted my attention mainly to the description of this breed and my remarks or advice. In this article, I would like to share with you mainly ways of dealing with excessive fur in the flat, etc.
Fur everywhere, how to fight it? – Tips to clean
I’d like to introduce you to a few ways of dealing with this everyday problem, some of which I’ve already tried and others are still to come. Of course, the issue with fur, is not always just seasonal, because while most dogs are outdoors a lot or on walks, some cats are typically non-outdoor and their fur stays in our house.
So how can we remove cat hair? When it comes to fighting hair and removing it from various surfaces, we can find such gadgets as:incontent_45 - incontent_45 -->
1) Special hoovers for hair – there are already many models on the market with interchangeable tips, as well as special brushes that collect hair or hair even better. Cordless hoovers have recently become very fashionable, they are lightweight, and you can easily get them to different places in your home. I think this is the best way to start removing the hair on the floor or furniture.
2) Different types of hair rollers and tapes – of different shapes and sizes, I have tried several, and unfortunately, not all of them work. We must remember that there is no golden remedy that will remove hair 100%. An interesting option seemed to be the so-called “eternal roller”, which was covered with glue and was supposed to collect hair for a very long time.
After a few times it ended up in the bin as the glue dried out very quickly, unfortunately, I don’t recommend it. Now I am happy with the clothes rollers, they consist of disposable strips, but they collect hair and other dirt very well. I prefer to buy a supply once in a while and use them ad hoc.
3) Furniture roller brush – a different group from the previous devices are those that collect hair or fur with a rough surface. Excellent for furniture such as sofas, beds, mattresses, blankets, etc.
They are reusable, and after use, it is enough to pick up the given dirt and such a brush is ready for action. Most often, I use it after I have roughly vacuumed the sofa or the cat’s scratching post, and then I use the brush itself to collect what is left. An inexpensive and reusable product – I think it is worth recommending.
4) Silicone hair remover – previous gadgets were typically for removing hair from the floor, clothes, or furniture for example. This one, on the other hand, has a slightly different application, it is designed to collect hair and hairs from clothes that are in the washing machine.
It is a kind of silicone that, when wet, becomes kneading and thus collects all kinds of impurities that are on our clothes. It is very simple to use – put the silicone into the washing machine, set the wash, and finally, just rinse it under running water. It is reusable and collects most dirt well. There are also all kinds of laundry balls on the market that also pick up all kinds of dirt in clothes.
5) Brushes and combs for our pets – in my opinion, the last group should include various types of brushes, combs, or combs for our pets. Apartfrom working on various surfaces in the flat, it is also worth keeping an eye on the condition of your pet’s fur. Regular combing can effectively reduce or solve the problem.
Remember that, depending on the breed of our dogs or cats, we need to choose the right equipment, only then it will serve its purpose well. It is important to regularly comb out dead hair or dander to reduce it is spreading around.
A good way is also bathing and thoroughly brushing your pet, of course, this works mainly for dogs.
Of course, there are many more gadgets, but I have listed the ones I have tested myself. The problem of the hair itself is not always seasonal, in the case of my cat I have to deal with the subject all year round. If you know of any other effective ways, I would love to hear about them.
In Summary – So how do you remove cat hair at home?
We already know that there are many ways, some more effective, others in general. However, it is worth working with different devices to effectively get rid of excess hair in our environment. Let’s also remember to take care of our pet and its coat, comb it regularly, bathing it, and, in the case of cats, tear it off, which is important for our pet’s health.
Having a pet is great satisfaction and happiness, but also a duty and care for its health and well-being. Having a dog or a cat indeed has a very positive effect on us, and we are simply happier.
Is cat hair dangerous?
For starters, if you’re allergic to cats, it’s important to keep them out of your home. If you have pets, bathe them regularly and brush their fur outside. Keep your windows closed and use air filters in your home to trap allergens. And finally, see your doctor if your allergy symptoms are severe.
Why do cats lose hair?
If your cat is losing hair, it’s important to take them to the vet to rule out any medical conditions. If a medical condition is ruled out, then you can work on managing your cat’s stress levels. This may involve providing them with more toys and playtime or using calming pheromones in their environment.
How do I know if a hair removal method is effective?
It is important to test out a method before committing to it. This way, you can see how your skin reacts and whether or not the method is actually effective for removing hair. After a month you should notice less amount of hair in your home.