If you are among the teens who are asking yourself, how long does it take to get a 6 pack for a teenager? Then from this post, you will find out what exercises to do and how much time it takes. It is a process that depends on several factors that you need to pay attention to.
Building muscle mass is a process that takes time, and you need to add the right exercises and diet to it. So how long does it take to get a 6 pack for a teenager? The first results can be seen after 1-2 months, this time depends mainly on the percentage of body fat in our body. Regular exercise and diet are essential, the lower your body fat percentage, the faster you will see results.
Start by counting calories!
Many people at a young age dream of having a great figure or a six-pack. Unfortunately, this is a complex process that is influenced mainly by time, calorie intake, and proper exercise. Of course, it is achievable, but for each of us it takes a different period, the effects may be different depending on what figure we have. First, a visible six-pack means less body fat on the abdomen and the whole body.
Each of us is different, have an individual body structure, genes, and predispositions we possess also have a big influence. For example, one person can eat everything and never get fat, while another needs a lot of sacrifices and time to maintain the right weight and figure.
Thus, unveiling a muscular belly can take from about a month to even 2 years, this period varies and can be different for everyone.
What is it with this fat?
There is a lot of information on the internet about how much body fat you should have if you want your muscles to be visible. For men, it should be between 6 and 13 percent, for women between 14 and 19 percent. However, obtaining such a result is connected with a lot of discipline when it comes to diet and regularity of exercise.
Women naturally require more fat than men. This is naturally due to estrogen, a female hormone, and the support of fertility. Men, on the other hand, have needless body fat and naturally have more lean muscle tissue (thanks to testosterone), which helps them lose weight faster.
What exercises for the abs?
To make our muscles more visible, not only do we need to lose weight to the right weight, the other important factor is the right exercises.
Below we describe some indicated for the abdominal areas, both for teenagers and for anyone who wants to achieve the dream effect. When training for abs it is worth performing:
- Classic abdominal, lie on your back, bend your knees, place your hands behind your head. Then take the upper part of your back off the floor. Of course, you can perform this exercise with different intensity, the important thing is to achieve the feeling of a tense abdomen. Optimally, you should do 20 repetitions.
- Bicycle, lying on your back, bend your knees at a 90-degree angle. Perform movements similar to riding a bike. For better results, it is best to perform these exercises in series and alternately
- Bring your knees up to your chest – lie on your back with your arms straight out along your body. Bend your knees slightly and try to bring them closer to your chest. Return to the starting position. Also perform a series of e.g. 10 repetitions.
- Abdominal stretches with a twist – lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees, and then place your left heel on your right knee. Touch your left knee with your right elbow. Do 10 repetitions and then change places.
- Lift bent knees while hanging on the bar – Hands holding the bar should be placed at shoulder width. The exercise consists in lifting the knees to the chest and lowering them. Perform 10 repetitions, also perform a series of other exercises
ABS training provides development and sculpting of your abdominal muscles and involves several muscle groups at the same time. After a month you will notice the first effects, remember that regularity is fundamental – train min. 3 – 4 times a week. If someone cares about losing weight, it is also good to bet on cardio training.
How should a teenager exercise?
If you are a teenager, you can also do the above exercises, because of your age you may even get faster results.
It is no secret that teenagers find it much easier to gain muscle and build an athletic figure than people over 30 – the level of hormones responsible for weight gain and muscle growth reaches its maximum between the ages of 13-14 and 18-20.
During this period, the so-called bone growth zones are not yet fully formed, which makes the task of expanding the arms and strengthening the skeletal structure much easier.
Although young adulthood is often the best time for building muscle, strength training at too young an age can hurt overall development – remember to avoid training too hard on the spine until around 17 years of age.
The optimum solution for teenagers looking to get a six-pack would be the above exercises or others of a similar type, from cardio exercises it could be swimming or running. If you are curious at what age you should have a partner when you are a teenager, you can read about it in this post.
Things that are important for building muscle
The foundation for achieving the six-pack of your dreams is all about exercise and diet. We also know how long it takes to get a 6 pack for a teenager, and here are some important things that will speed up the effect:
- Limit calories, fat loss is all about weight loss, pay attention to what diet will work best for you
- Eat complex carbohydrates, they are essential to fuel for your muscles. Opt for fruit, vegetables, beans, pulses ,and whole grains.
- Eat more fiber, it helps your metabolism ,and cleanses your body, great for weight loss. Firebrick foods include fruit, vegetables, beans, pulses ,and whole grains.
- Avoid processed sugar, most of which is found in fizzy drinks, juices and energy drinks ,and sweets
- Increase the amount of protein, as it is the basic building block of our muscles ,and gives us energy. It should come mainly from omega-3 fatty acids, lean red meat ,and poultry, nuts, eggs, low-fat dairy products such as Greek yogurt, beans ,and legumes and high-quality cereals.
In Summary – How long does it take to get a 6 pack for a teenager?
If you are one of those teenagers who dream of a six-pack, rely mainly on proper exercise and diet. Because of your young age, you can see the effects of your struggles much faster than people over 30.
Also, knowing how long does it take to get a 6 pack for a teenager is influenced by your body fat percentage and how quickly you reduce it, which will help reveal sculpted muscles. As for popular abs exercises, you can see them in the stats here. Remember, exercise and diet are the foundation of your success.