If you are among the women who are asking yourself, how long does it take to get abs as a woman? Then here, you will find out what exercises to do and how much time it takes on average to get results. It is a process that depends on several factors that you need to pay attention to.
Building muscle mass is a process that takes time, and you need to add the right exercises and diet. So how long does it take to get abs as a woman? The first results can be seen after 1-3 months, this time depends mainly on the current percentage of body fat stored in your body. Regular exercise and diet are essential, the lower your body fat percentage, the faster you will see results, which means that you should mostly focus on your diet.
Start by counting calories
Many people at a young age dream of having a great figure or a six-pack. Unfortunately, this is a complex process that is influenced mainly by time, calorie intake, and proper exercise. Of course, it is achievable, but for each of us it takes a different period, and the effects may be different depending on what figure we have. First, a visible six-pack means less body fat on the abdomen and the whole body.
Each of us is different, has an individual body structure, genes, and predispositions we possess also have a big influence. For example, one person can eat everything and never get fat, while another needs a lot of sacrifices and time to maintain the right weight and figure.
If you want to get abs as a woman you will have to work hard. Women don’t have as much testosterone as men do which is not ideal for building muscle mass, but it is still a realistic goal. Thus, unveiling a muscular belly can take from about a month to even 2 years, this period varies and can be different for everyone.
What should women focus on while building abs?
There is a lot of information on the internet about how much body fat you should have if you want your muscles to be visible. For men, it should be between 6 and 13 percent, and for women between 14 and 19 percent. However, obtaining such a result is connected with a lot of discipline when it comes to diet and regularity of exercise.
You have to be aware that to get abs as a woman you have to focus on your diet which will result in burning calories from your belly area. Women naturally require more fat than men. This is naturally due to estrogen, a female hormone, and the support of fertility. Men, on the other hand, have needless body fat and naturally have more lean muscle tissue (thanks to testosterone), which helps them lose weight faster. It is not easy to get that 6 pack, so we have prepared some great exercises for the abs.
What exercises to get abs as a woman?
To make our muscles more visible, not only do we need to lose weight to the point of almost 15% of body fat but also the other important factor is that you should do exercises. Both of those two things will make your progress to that ideal 6 pack faster.
Below we describe some indications for the abdominal areas, for every woman that wants to get visible abs, and for anyone else who wants to achieve the dream effect. When training for abs it is worth performing:
- Abdominal stretches with a twist – lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees, and then place your left heel on your right knee. Touch your left knee with your right elbow. Do 10 repetitions and then change places.
- Lift bent knees while hanging on the bar – Hands holding the bar should be placed at shoulder width. The exercise consists in lifting the knees to the chest and lowering them. Perform 10 repetitions, also perform a series of other exercises
- Classic abdominal, lie on your back, bend your knees, and place your hands behind your head. Then take the upper part of your back off the floor. Of course, you can perform this exercise with different intensities, the important thing is to achieve the feeling of a tense abdomen. Optimally, you should do 20 repetitions.
- Bicycle, lying on your back, bend your knees at a 90-degree angle. Perform movements similar to riding a bike. For better results, it is best to perform these exercises in series and alternately
- Bring your knees up to your chest – lie on your back with your arms straight out along your body. Bend your knees slightly and try to bring them closer to your chest. Return to the starting position. Also, perform a series of e.g. 10 repetitions.
ABS training provides development and sculpting of your abdominal muscles and involves several muscle groups at the same time. After a month you will notice the first effects, remember that regularity is fundamental – train a minimum of 3 times a week.
If someone cares about losing weight, it is also good to bet on cardio training. But also notice that you can’t train day after day because your abs need to regenerate and if you truly want to get abs as a woman you can’t let yourself destroy the gains. Be aware that your muscles are growing while you are resting the day after training.
If you would like to lose weight without doing any difficult exercises then we found something that can help you. We tested many popular products to check if they can help regular people in terms of losing weight, and one product definitely has shown us better results than others.
It is called alli weight loss diet pills and after 3 months of usage on both me and my husband we noticed that we couldn’t gain any weight, and that is because alli weight loss pills prevent your body from absorbing about 25% of fat that is stored in your normal food. If you don’t have time to do exercises then alli weight loss diet pills can be a good pick for you.
Things that are important for building muscle
The foundation for achieving the six-pack of your dreams is all about exercise and diet. We also know how long it takes to get abs as a woman, and here are some important things that will speed up the process of building abs as a woman:
- Limit calories, fat loss is all about weight loss, pay attention to what diet will work best for you
- Eat complex carbohydrates, they are essential to fuel your muscles. Opt for fruit, vegetables, beans, pulses, and whole grains.
- Eat more fiber, it helps your metabolism and cleanses your body, great for weight loss. Firebrick foods include fruit, vegetables, beans, pulses, and whole grains.
- Avoid processed sugar, most of which is found in fizzy drinks, juices and energy drinks, and sweets
- Use alli weight loss diet pills to prevent your body from absorbing too much fat from your food.
- Increase the amount of protein, as it is the basic building block of our muscles, and gives us energy. It should come mainly from omega-3 fatty acids, lean red meat, poultry, nuts, eggs, and low-fat dairy products such as Greek yogurt, beans, legumes, and high-quality cereals.
In Summary – How long does it take to get abs as a woman?
If you are one of those women who dream of a six-pack, rely mainly on proper exercise and diet. Note that your biggest chance is to lose fat that is stored on your belly and that means that the time need to get abs as a woman is related to how much fat you have stored inside your body, but for average women, it takes from 1 to 3 months to get abs.
Also, be aware that the time of getting your abs visible is influenced by your current body fat percentage and how quickly your body is able to reduce it, which will help reveal sculpted muscles. As for popular abs exercises, you can see them in the stats. Remember, exercise and diet are the foundation of your success. If you feel like you need some motivation then check out our article where we asked men if they do like it when women have abs “Do Men Find Muscular Women Attractive? – (Statistics From Men)“.